Friday 28 February 2014

Peaking and Troughing

Today was a successful day at class.  I worked on the roller towel idea.  Lisa has found a supplier of new roller towels.  Whereas I had searched online with "roller towels", she had searched "suppliers of cotton roller towels" and found a couple of companies that provide 20m or 40m lengths.  And only £18/£35!  Well done Lisa!  Just shows what fiddling with the search terms can do!

Mind you, steaming a 20m length could pose problems.  I have never tried this before, and getting 20m correctly wound on a pole, and attached to the steamer hook without completely losing all the steam, might be difficult.  I will take advice from Lisa.

I think I am going to drop the illustrations on the roller towels and concentrate on lettering and numbers along the stripe.  Dwayne, who was talking to Lisa about a print job, showed me how to get bands of colour with white writing on Photoshop.  And I spent a lot of time finding similar lettering to that on a glass cloth.  But it was a fantastically successful day.

So tomorrow's plan is to order a roller towel and enough soda ash to coat the fabric.  A good day's work makes me quite serene.

No comments:

Post a Comment