Friday 1 March 2013

Thoughts from the swimming pool No4

I felt strong and powerful in the swimming pool today.  Light levels are improving as we head towards spring and I am feeling positive because of it. 

I have been thinking about how to use the hemp fabric print samples.  I definitely want to make the legs print into a bag.  Just a bit bigger than A3.  Simple rectangular shape.  Zipped top.  Sturdy.  I think it would make a stunning art bag.

I have found the Missenden Abbey summer school prospectus, and like the look of a couple of courses on it.  One is 5 days of life drawing, and the other a 2 day mixed media sketchbook class.   I went to see my sister-in-law, Shirley, to discuss our holiday together.  Shirley cares for her Mum who has dementia.  When Shirley puts her Mum in a fortnight's respite care, we go away and do interesting things.  So the plan is for us to go to Durham for a short break, then go to stay with Aunt Joan for a week while we do a week's summer school at Missenden.  Shirley wanted to do the life class, so I have come home to get our names down for it!  I am really keen to do this class, because I know I just need to get on and draw a lot.  And when we are at Missenden, we get to spend 5 solid days drawing.  How good is that!

And I might make up the legs print into an art bag for Shirley.  Then she can have a new bag to take to art class, and it might make her feel like a proper art student!!

No comments:

Post a Comment