Sunday 27 April 2014

Wrapping up things for the Professional Portfolio

2 year Personal Development Plan

June -October 2014. Travelling in USA.  Continue to consider under-valued and
                                   marginalised groups - Migrant workers; carers, lorry drivers .....

November 2014        Graduation

November 2014-       Sketchbook, art history and humanities classes at Missenden
August 2015.             Abbey, City Lit etc.  Continue with general artist research at
                                   museums and galleries

January 2015.             Start search for appropriate MA course.

September 2015-        Part-time MA
May 2017?


Marketing Plan

Current work fits demographic of middle aged and older women.  Exhibiting potential at Knit & Stitch, or Festival of Quilts.  Knit and Stitch exhibits at locations of Alexandra Palace, Harrogate and Dublin.  I would happy to attend any or all of them!  Festival of Quilts is at NEC, Birmingham.

The concept of "My Mother's Work" can be marketed to various Government funded exhibiting organisations, such as V&A, Horniman Museum, National Portrait Gallery.  All organisations receiving funding from Government are required to have an equality policy that states what action they take in order to represent and serve all parts of the community.  An exhibition receiving articles from the general population could be curated on the theme "My Mother's Work" which could be structured to positively portray women and apply the equality policy on the grounds of gender, age, ethnicity and faith.


Price List

My Mother's Work - Unseen ( Jam Covers).              £600
My Mother's Work - Unending ( Roller Towels).       £500
My Mother's Work - Unfinished (Knit).                      £400
My Mother's Work - Cyclical (Tea Towels).              £800
My Mother's Work - Supportive (1960s coat)             NFS

I don't expect to sell any of them but if the university wanted to buy them, this is what I would charge for them as works of art.  Additionally, if my work was selected to go to the Knit & Stitch, I would not be able to sell them in advance, so pricing them out of the market would not matter.  In my dreams!

More thought required.



No comments:

Post a Comment