Monday 14 April 2014

Good Progress leads to a sore shoulder

Excellent progress over the weekend has given me a very sore shoulder, so I am off to the chiropractor tomorrow.  I was cross stitching my tea towels, and spent about 25 hours working on them over a week.  I think they look great but I have an acute pain in the middle of my left shoulder blade from holding the hoop.

Driving aggravates the shoulder so I have to reduce how often I go to class.  Also, there will be a delay in getting my coat lining fabric and dress fabric printed, as the printer is out of ink and Lisa is awaiting its supply.  I hope my fabrics are printed by Thursday morning, so I can steam them and work on them over Easter.  Therefore I need to work from home for the next couple of days, finishing something else.  So I have decided to machine sew comments from my Mother onto the roller towels, rather than hand stitch them.  I can free machine embroider quite well, and have some spare roller towel fabric and dissolveable fabric,  so I can practice writing.  I bought red machine embroidery thread, for the writing, but now wonder whether black would look better.  Most of my other pieces combine red, black and white, so maybe this one should too.  Time for sampling!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment