Monday 24 March 2014

Unwell and exhausted but still working

Felt absolutely terrible most of the weekend, aching all over.  But kept working, by staying indoors, and doing stuff that required little energy.

5th knitted sample
This took 3 evenings' work to make up a sample that is 3" long and is about 50 rows of knitting.  Once again I have picked another difficult pattern.  I now know about 5 ways of making bobbles!  None of the samples have the same method!

Lemon Squeezer on collage

And again

Colander on collage

Mixer on collage

Mincer on collage
I am still messing around with how to use the collage section.  I like the introduction of collage, but find it difficult to envisage how it will look on fabric.  Firstly the collage changes its appearance once scanned, as not all of the paler tones come out. This gives quite an interesting effect.  Also I like to put a pale coloured ground on the rest of the background fabric, which makes the tonal variation less stark.  Also once in working in Photoshop, you can crop out some of the collage if it appears too great an area, and also reduce the intensity of colour.  I still feel I am an amateur playing with photoshop and my inadequate digital skills are going to impact on the quality of output.  But all I can do is try my best.  Keep pushing at it!

So for someone who felt really ill, it was quite a productive weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment