Sunday 16 March 2014

Procrastination and Progress

Yesterday I promised myself I would get my act together and do some preparatory drawings, in order to get on with photoshop pattern making next week.  Famous last words!

Instead I took the bus to Colchester, and bought a foam circle, thread, stitch holders, bias binding, and a gelatin cross stitch grid.  I then spent the afternoon applying bias binding to my round tea towels, and successfully stitched  accurate words around the edge.  I am not sure the words are right yet, but as a prototype it is pretty good.


I spent the evening very carefully pressing my knitted samples, and having been very disappointed with them, am now very pleased with the 3 completed so far.  Two more to be done, and tonight I cast on the 4th sample.




So that accounts for my procrastination!  And today, Sunday morning, I got up, fed the blackbirds, watered my new plants and started drawing.  I have completed another version of my mincer on a collage background.   All in all, good progress this weekend.

Background collage sheet

Close up of one section, showing resist, pattern, colour layers

Getting better as a basis, now it is cut up

And the rest of the sheet.

And a mincer drawn incompletely over one of  the collage sections.  

This was a productive morning, so I felt quite content to entertain Maurice for Sunday lunch, before sitting down to start the fourth knitted sample in front of the tv, listening to James Bond!  



No comments:

Post a Comment