Wednesday 12 March 2014

Dog tired tonight

It has been a busy few days.  Jim and I have been entertaining an old friend from Australia, who used to belong to the same swimming club.

I have been working diligently on photoshop and my mood has consequently been fast cycling between despair at my lack of skills and euphoria because I think my ideas are quite good.  Today I collected a couple of trial circular tea towels, steamed, dried and ironed them, ready for edging, stitching and working out how they might be staged.  I also spent hours preparing non standard fabrics for the digital printer.  I created a soda ash solution, soaked 2m roller towel fabric and dried it.  I also queued a couple of pieces of footstool fabric for digital print.  These should be ready for next Monday.  Tomorrow we entertain our Aussie friend, then Jim drives her to Scotland, which means I don't have access to the car until Monday.   Therefore I needed fabric to work on until then.  I will also have a trip to Colchester to see about upholstery materials at Franklins.

No wonder I am dog tired.  Photos of work to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment