Thursday 14 November 2013

Full of the cold

Yesterday I felt dreadful - full of a cold, feeling really rough.  I spent all day indoors, but pushed myself to work.

I stripped some 12" stretcher frames so they are ready for new imagery.  I did not make them up as I felt too weak to use the staple gun, which requires a vice-like grip.  I thought about several collections of work that I could make, and sketched them in my sketchbook.  I have the Mincemeat Collection (after Edmund du Waal); the Part of the Furniture Collection (upholstery of ercol settee and cook's chair); the Kitchen Utensil Collection (single captioned images on stretcher frames); the Linings Collection (single/repeat patterns used to line old garments to play on how Women's work supports and improves experience while being largely unseen); the Crockery Collection (placing imagery on crockery where it will only be seen imtermittently ie largely unseen eg on inside of a cup); and the Dress Collection (selective placement of imagery on fabric to create a dress to wear at the exhibition, so I can be identified with my work).  I think 6 collections is enough to be going on with!!

Today I have woken up feeling a lot brighter.  It is only when I feel better that I realise just how rough I felt.

Further analysis of each collections shows:

Mincemeat Collection - one small image, shown as a multiple
Part of the Furniture Collection - several large images, shown together
Kitchen Utensil Collection - single medium sized images, shown together
Linings Collection - large images, partially visible
Crockery Collection - small individual images, shown together
Dress Collection - large images in combination.

Plan for today is to make more mincemeat, ready for the jam jar covers to be fitted tomorrow, when I collect the fabric from class; and more drawing!  Onward and upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment