Sunday 24 November 2013

Draw, Paint, Print

Another wonderful class at the City Lit.  We were meant to be painting, using our previous prints as inspiration.  I was very tired having been out every day this week, and thought I was going to have a disastrous day, but it was great.

Last week's multi-layered mono print
Single layer monoprint using lots of ink
Single layer monoprint using overbrushed pre-used mono print
 I took a photocopy of the above prints, and tore out the imagery, so I had a template and a stencil.  I used the stencil as a mask to create many repetitions of exactly the same shape.  I used both sides of the stencil to give a little variation, as the handle then pointed to the right and left.

Considering positioning of the multiples on a single sheet
I am not very good with wet paint
But I liked this image.
Considering positioning of imagery in relation to each other
The left is monoprint and collage, the right is painting
Overlaid multiples
I like these all together,
and could see it developed as a half drop repeat print.

No comments:

Post a Comment