Thursday 4 October 2012

Back to school

Last week I went back to school.  A four month summer break is too long, especially when you have returned from a Study Abroad, and no-one gives you the summer project, despite making your return apparent to the tutors during the summer holidays. 

I am a part time mature student, so the "final year" that full time students attend, will extend to two years for me.  I studied full time during my study abroad year at Curtin University, Perth, and found it enjoyable but incredibly demanding.  As I want to enjoy the journey of study, and do not need to crack on and get my degree completed in order to go to work and pay off debts like the young students, I returned to part-time study, attending 2 days per week. 

My modules this year are Degree Planning, and Degree Essay. Degree Planning takes place over the whole year, and is about identifying my practice and working up a concept and conducting the design exploration.  The degree essay is to be  completed by 14 December and is an exploration of an area of my interest.  It will be somewhere around the history of textile design and what drives the zeitgeist (spirit of the age) as demonstrated in furnishing fabrics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment