Thursday 8 May 2014

Staging takes forever

I went to uni on Monday intending to practice staging 3 of my pieces.  Famous last words!  I managed to stage one, and concluded that I am not a good maker!

I was staging my lined coat.  First I discovered the magnet hooks I had purchased, were not the ones I had ordered.  I had ordered 10 3kg magnets and the company supplied 20 x 1.5 kg magnets.  The coat is considerably heavier than I anticipated, and it took 6 magnets to be strong enough to support it from the ceiling.  Also, I noticed that I had a small stain beside the embroidered numbers, probably from the soluble canvas I used to stitch the cross stitch accurately.  And despite carefully creating an accurate pattern before cutting the fabric, the lining hem does not sit right.  More careful stitching required!  Also I had the coat staged far too high, so next time I hang it, the fishing line needs to be a lot longer, so it is positioned closer to eye level.  All this experimentation took all day!




No comments:

Post a Comment