Monday 27 May 2013

A life of pure hedonism

I have broken up from uni, and now I have a couple of months of hedonism ahead. This will be my last blog update for at least a month.

So far, I have had a series of trips out with various friends.  On Friday I spent the day with Pat visiting the RIBA exhibition on the London Development Plan.  On Saturday I met up with Esther and Erica and we had a lovely day at the seaside at Frinton.  On Sunday I met up with Anita and went to the Fry Art Gallery in Saffron Waldon and looked at Ravilious and Bawden's watercolours and prints. 

Tomorrow Jim and I leave by train with our bikes to travel to Penzance.  We aim to cycle Lands End to John O'Groats, taking about a month to do so.  If successful it will be a massive achievement for me.  I've done 12 day cycling tours before, but this will be much longer than anything else I have done.  We are mostly staying in B&B, but have a tent with us in case we cannot find accommodation in the more rural stretches in Scotland.  It is the first time I have had panniers - previously Jim has carried it all!  My 2 panniers weigh c7lb each.  I am a bit of a lardy lump, and I am hoping to burn quite a lot of fat on the journey, so that by the end, I might (just might!) have "lost the luggage" overall!  Jim is still carrying most of the load - 10lbs for the tent and his 4 panniers total 30lbs.  If you want to follow the touring blog, try:  http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/11892  or go to the crazyguyonabike website and use the site search engine to find MacTaggart.

No comments:

Post a Comment