Wednesday 29 January 2014

I should take my own advice!

I was talking to people in class, about how to use the feedback they had been given for their Planning for Final Major Project module.  I suggested they might list all the suggestions given in the feedback, work out what needed to be done, how long each thing would take, and create a timetable for action.  (In business terminology this is called a Gantt chart).  Then I realised what a jolly good idea this was, and that I had not done it myself!  Hmmm!  Do as I say and not as I do!

So, I have categorised the different collections that I want to make.  Jam Cover Collection (portraying the unseen volume of women's work);  Part of the Furniture collection (portraying the tiring nature of women's work); The Roller Towel collection (portraying the unending nature of women's work); Knitted Samples collection (portraying women's work as unfinished).  There may be more!

Jam Cover collection - done

Part of the Furniture collection.
Colander and pastry drawn.
Percolator yet to be drawn. Need to source plain mugs and decal print sheets
Drawings queued to be printed on digital textile printer  Collect Friday 31 Jan
Create cross stitch script samples on hemp ramie fabric by 7 Feb
Make up chair cover and footstool cover with digital print by 14 Feb.

Roller Towel collection
Images drawn
Request Colin to make roller towel woodwork by 7 February.
Photoshop and queue to print by 14 Feb
Cross stitch script samples on selected fabric by 21 Feb
Make up by 28 Feb

Knitted Samples
First sample done
Identify suitable patterns for 4 more samples by 7 February
Commence next sample by 14 February

Artist statements
Write artist statement for Jam Covers by 11 Feb for Progress Review with Steve.
Write artist statement for other collections by 28 Feb




Printed by 21 Feb

No comments:

Post a Comment