Thursday 26 September 2013

Another great class with Vanda

Last Thursday, art classes started again with Vanda, after the summer break.  I had really missed the classes over the summer.  I miss the company and conversation with intelligent women and enjoy te discipline of the art exercises that Vanda sets.

We started with a photo of a selection of objects.  My image was of red glass vessels, a lilac and gold plate and an apricot jug against a blue background, on a white table.  We had to blend the colours identified using watercolours.  This was quite difficult to get the colours right, but I managed to blend 42 colours!

Next we used isolating bars to select 4 different areas, and work up a sample using water colour, crayons, art bars (water soluble oil pastels), and oil pastels.  finally we selected one section and enlarged it to 2 4" squares, and redrew it using the two most favourable media, in my case, crayon and art bars.  Scratching into crayon works well for me.   We were meant to then do a further exercise where we did the same with an actualobject of our choice, but we were all exhausted.  All this thinking is very tiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment