Saturday 6 April 2013

A Productive Day's Printing

I dropped my latest print job into the studio on Wednesday, and it was ready to collect on Thursday.  I had hand drawn a masher, potato peeler, draining spoon, whisk and wooden jam spoon and the digital printer transferred them to wool gauze.  This is a delightful fine wool.  I also had space to print 3 images of old fashioned balance scales and weights.  the steaming process went very well and now I have washed the cloth, it is ready to cut. I want to cut 5 "yokes" with a kitchen tool on one end and a caption appropriate to each one on the other end, such as 3,200 lbs jam.

The scales unfortunately have a fault in the design, where I suspect is due to a mistake on my part.  I need to be more careful using Photoshop, changing pointer tool more carefully.  Still, they are good learning exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment